Kxaniä Txantstew Ahu Tirea Afewl

Honoured Member

• Omatikaya people
  • 545 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Favorite Character:Dr. Grace Augustine, Jake Sully, & Tsu'tey
Current mood: Cool

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

This is going to be an absolute test of writing skill. This isn't a planned story and it won't ever be. I decided to put my imagination to the test. What i am going to do is go off of a whim, write what I feel like writing without a plot line, mapping, or anything. This will be about a RP character that I have created for this forum and for Facebook RP. Feel free to see the character profile in the RP board here. As per the rules, I will set forth a sort of road map, if you will for this story.

Title: Unknown
Chapter Title: Awakening
Rating: T (Teen)
Characters: Misyel, Jake Sully (For now)
Genre: Angst/Romance (I think)

Entering a slight state of awareness, she looked up into the white sky above. What she could see made her eyes burn. The leaves on the trees above were hanging, making the world above her look like a green puzzle, the pieces fit loosely together. This allowed the light from above to penetrate the shattered canopy, like it was poking through recently broken green glass.

Mísyel had been here for the last three days, drifting in and out of consciousness. The attack had been brief, RDA scouters had cleared out the small site by firing their weapons, and the 'ängsik, Pa'li, and even a few Palulukan had torn a path away from the humans. Unfortunately, they hadn't expected a Na'vi, once avatar, to be in their way. The last thing she remembered was the sound of hooves, shaking the ground ahead, and a wave of dust preparing to crash all over her.

Now, they were gone, the pxefa'li seeking shelter near Hometree, the ayängsik settling in another clearing, and the mefalulukan stalking in the shadows of a nearby glade. All was quiet. The Sky People had gotten what they wanted, and now the site was being hollowed out, turned into a practical mud hole, and their angry shouts could be heard even now.

Slowly shifting into a sitting position, the pain in her ribs caused Mísyel to hiss violently. Teeth bared, she stood, gripping the thinner part of a tree branch for support. Being immobile for so long had made it all the more difficult to move. Bones cracked with the lack of movement, and wounds pulsed with the sudden stress that it put on them. Hearing hooves again, she quickly turned her head, her neck popping in protest, sending shivers down her spine.

"I did two things when I gave my heart away... One, I gave it to the wrong person, and two, I ripped another's right out of her chest and stomped on it. Now all I have are the pieces... Because death is a cruel bitch."

"Evil wakes in vengeance. Be careful what you choose" - Debora Kera Unger as "Dhalia Gillespie"

"Man who is not man, Na'vi who is not Na'vi. You are a puzzle, piece of Eywa's puzzle. I see you, Dreamwalker" - Lungoray from "Avatar: The Game"

"The one thing I hope to remember in this life is when I found shelter from the never-ending storm that rages within me. I found it in the form of a man, the devil's twin." - Grace Malcolm (From the novel that isn't finished)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Kxaniä Txantstew Ahu Tirea Afewl

Honoured Member

• Omatikaya people
  • 545 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

Chapter Title: No Denying It

As the hooves got closer and closer, her heart raced faster. The interactions with the Na'vi, mainly the Omatikaya, had been rocky as of late. Since the killing, all avatars had been seen as killers or undesirables by the local clan. The hooves seemed to fade away suddenly. Whatever was coming was moving away. This piqued Misyel's curiosity. Easing herself forward, she saw the source of the noise. A small hunting party was moving around the perimeter of the RDA's new mining site. Feeling a rush of pity, she stepped further out of the low trees, revealing herself. The leader of this hunting party was just who she had expected.

Tsu'tey, tall, strong, and seemingly angry, towered above on his direhorse. His bow was within reach, and his teeth were bared, seeing the destroyed land. Turning back to the other hunters, he muttered something that made them shout with interest. Nodding, he proceeded to charge toward the center of the hollowed land, his bow clenched tightly in his fist. Hearing the humans make the discovery of the Na'vi intruders, Misyel made her own presence known, stepping out from the trees, standing in front of his direhorse.

"Stay back."

Her voice was weak, raspy, and low in the silence. The direhorses' hooves had stopped rustling, the Na'vi had stopped speaking, and all eyes were on the bloodied one before them. Tsu'tey was the first to recover, his expresion still the same, angry. Before he could speak, shots rang out, spraying the hunting party with hot steel. Distracted, Tsu'tey snarled in frustration.

"I do not see you. Go."

Making a motion to continue forward, Tsu'tey was stopped as Misyel stepped in front of his direhorse, causing it to rare up, flailing its front hooves in protest. Her words angered the lead hunter even more.

"Stop! This will make things worse! Go back... Go back!" Her words made the younger hunters slightly nervous, infuriating Tsu'tey to no end. He glared daggers at her, but it didn't intimidate her at all. She had gotten used to his death glares long ago. Hearing more gunshots, Misyel saw the look on his face change. Something about it seemed haunted, and she could read it like an open book. Motioning for him to go back, away from this place, she stepped back, away from his Pa'li, knowing that he wouldn't go further at this point.

Seeing her suspicions proved correct, Misyel watched as Tsu'tey took one last look at the reddening ground before he turned away, muttering something that sounded like "Faysawtute!". His frustration wasn't the only one festering. Hers had been for quite a while. The Sky People were really overstepping their boundaries here, and it was showing. There had been more Na'vi casualties than ever needed in the last three months, and things were starting to boil around Hell's Gate.

Stepping back to the tree, the pain made itself known again, causing Misyel to fall back against the trunk. Her ribs felt as if they were ablaze, but it didn't matter. What she really wanted to see happened. Tsu'tey instructed his hunters to return to Hometree, but this was only a small victory. The war was fast approaching, and at the moment, it looked as if Pandora was to be thrown into a whirlwind of fire, smoke, metal, and death. The Na'vi refused to see it, but it was coming. There was no denying it.

"I did two things when I gave my heart away... One, I gave it to the wrong person, and two, I ripped another's right out of her chest and stomped on it. Now all I have are the pieces... Because death is a cruel bitch."

"Evil wakes in vengeance. Be careful what you choose" - Debora Kera Unger as "Dhalia Gillespie"

"Man who is not man, Na'vi who is not Na'vi. You are a puzzle, piece of Eywa's puzzle. I see you, Dreamwalker" - Lungoray from "Avatar: The Game"

"The one thing I hope to remember in this life is when I found shelter from the never-ending storm that rages within me. I found it in the form of a man, the devil's twin." - Grace Malcolm (From the novel that isn't finished)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Kxaniä Txantstew Ahu Tirea Afewl

Honoured Member

• Omatikaya people
  • 545 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Chapter Title: The 'ängsìk

Shouting continued, all of it from the humans. They were ranting, constantly arguing about where the "Enemy" went, and not doing anything to move on. Sensing their closeness, Misyel backed further off, into the shadows of the low-growing trees. This kept her from being seen, but it kept her in close enough proximity to hear exactly what they were doing. Hearing an odd growling near her right shoulder, Mìsyel turned slowly.

The large head of one of the 'ängsìk met her. From what she could see, the creature lay there, peacefully, almost as if he was waiting for something. Feeling slightly nervous, Mìsyel didn't move. That was the last thing that could be done. Remembering her studies with Max Patel and Grace Augustine on this particular Pandoran native, the idea of standing her ground stuck out in her mind. Seeing him ease his head up, non-threateningly, she eased closer, going on a whim. The 'ängsìk kept his eyes on her. Holding her breath, she reached out, touching its face, feeling its head shaking about as bad as her hand was. This was strange behavior from the normally docile yet territorial creature.

Hearing gunshots near the treeline where she was observing, Mìsyel turned quickly, but it didn't startle the Hammerhead. The scouters were patrolling their new perimeter. The sound of a Samson, Scorpion, or Dragon filled the air. Looking up through the trees, she saw the black iron/steel of fence supplies being lowered into the area. They were sealing off this area, just like all the other outposts and camps. this was't a good sign. They were getting closer and closer to Hometree by the day. Feeling the Hammerhead shift closer, Mìsyel turned back, seeing it kneel before her. This was extremely odd behavior, but it was needed. Looking closer, she saw a long tear in the front and rear left legs of the 'ängsìk. Its blood was staining the ground, and from the looks of it, it had been here for about as long as she had. Touching the wounds, she saw the animal flare up, not angry, but alert. Removing her hand, she saw the dark blood all over her skin.

"Kä, go..." The word registered for the Hammerhead, but he refused to move. It wasn't from pain. It was something else. He pressed his head against her shoulder, making his continued presence known. Now he had lowered himself all the way down to the ground. Seeing this behavior, she was reminded of what she had seen in a Thanator's actions once before. The thanator had wanted the Na'vi to mount her, to flee the scene where his tribe was being ambushed. This seemed to be the case here as well. Moving to his side, Mìsyel placed her hand to the hammerhead's back, feeling its even breathing. Moving slowly, she mounted the creature, its body slowly rising once she was situated. Though his left side was weak, the hammerhead compensated by staying more to his right, rather than attempting to tough it out. Parting the trees as he went, the hammerhead left the treeline, moving deeper into the canopy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with Avatar, Random, Fanfiction, Creative, Writing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users