Grace's Role in Avatar: The Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kxaniä Txantstew Ahu Tirea Afewl

Kxaniä Txantstew Ahu Tirea Afewl

Honoured Member

• Omatikaya people
  • 545 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Favorite Character:Dr. Grace Augustine, Jake Sully, & Tsu'tey
Current mood: Cool

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I played through the game, both storylines, and am a little puzzled as to Dr. Grace Augustine's role in the game. At first, she chews you out, saying that the AVTR program needed no more grunts. Then, depending on which side you take, you may never hear from her again.

In the RDA side, after attempting to kill René Harper, if you use the view scree at Hell's Gate in the control room, you see her again throughout the game. The first time, she is pissed that you managed to kill your Avatar on the second day,. In the next meetings, she talks about the Na'vi Tipani, the Tsahik (which pisses me off because the Na'vi pronounce it Tahee in the game) and she says keep an open mind.

This means that there is a chance to go to the Na'vi side in the game later at Käoliä Teì (Plains of Goliath). Swawta, a Na'vi Warrior, will offer you the chance to switchsides, saying that he sees good in you, but you can still choose RDA or Na'vi. If you do choose Na'vi, then you don't hear from Grace again.

If you choose RDA, at the end of the game, at Tä'äntäsì (Tantalus), after you activate the Ayvitraya Ramunong (Well of Souls), she says congratulations, that you have sent a message to Eywa that she should prepare, and that Pandora should brace itself. Am I the only one with mixed signals here?

"I did two things when I gave my heart away... One, I gave it to the wrong person, and two, I ripped another's right out of her chest and stomped on it. Now all I have are the pieces... Because death is a cruel bitch."

"Evil wakes in vengeance. Be careful what you choose" - Debora Kera Unger as "Dhalia Gillespie"

"Man who is not man, Na'vi who is not Na'vi. You are a puzzle, piece of Eywa's puzzle. I see you, Dreamwalker" - Lungoray from "Avatar: The Game"

"The one thing I hope to remember in this life is when I found shelter from the never-ending storm that rages within me. I found it in the form of a man, the devil's twin." - Grace Malcolm (From the novel that isn't finished)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Regular Poster

• Omatikaya people
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBodø, Norway
  • Favorite Character:Neytiri, Jake Sully and Grace Augustine
Current mood: Relaxed

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:00 AM