Roleplayers, Please Note:
This is a forum, not a sex chat, so if you go that far in RP, then do so in PMs, and not on the public forum. Normally, this wouldnâ€™t be a problem, but there are minors on this forum that donâ€™t need to be warped and corrupted by any of that. Here are a few ground rules as far as RP is concerned.
- Keep it clean. As stated aboe, use soething like PM or PC (Private Message or Private Chat) That way there wonâ€™t be any x-rated shit in this forum.
- Post in the topic if it is an open RP (anyone can join in) or if it is a private one between you and a friend or two. That will cut down on the interruptions and distractions.
- Make sure to indicate RP and RL conversation (Roleplay & Real Life). Use markers to show when you are talking in RL like //Got to head off. Pick up tomorrow\\ etc. Donâ€™t just assume people know when you are RPing and when youâ€™re not. (Donâ€™t necessarily have to use that, though)
- Identify when you are describing a scene and when a person is actually speaking. For example, use (*) before and after a scene or action description and then type out what the person says, or simply use (â€œ) to symbolize that someone is talking. Either way, distinguish between description and speaking.
- Take note of how others RP. If you find one that is hard to follow or one that is badly strewn (thrown) together, then let the aughor know. That way he/she can improve it. RP is fun, but only when others can follow whatâ€™s going on.
- No random shit. If youâ€™re going to have a tornado RP (One with no storyline or plot concept) make it clear in the topic title.